Even with humans, it’s exhausting to always feel an urgent need to use the toilet, especially in places that are not ideal for relieving oneself!
Frequent bathroom activity of your dogs is not only messy, but it’s also an indicator that something in his diet disagrees with his digestive health and is subtly calling our attention.
Too much fiber or recipes that don’t contain highly digestible ingredients are just among the factors that may be causing your dog to produce a high amount of waste.
If your dog’s frequent pooping is worrying you a great deal, then it may be time for you to look for the best dog food to reduce pooping. Read on as we put together our top 6.
The Best Dog Food for Less Poop Are:
1. Stella and Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food — Best Low-Residue Dog Food
Formulated with added vitamins, minerals and probiotics, this recipe will help your doggie’s intestine to absorb nutrients properly. By supporting the growth of good bacteria in the gut, the essential fatty acids your dog needs will normalize pooping activity.
Among the benefits of raw feeding is good digestion. Also, it is an ideal diet for dogs with food allergies as it doesn’t contain common allergens such as grains or gluten. Other than chicken, Stella and Chewy’s also offer a variety of flavors that are made with high-quality proteins.
And if you are worried that feeding your pet raw food will take too much of your time, these chicken patties are pretty convenient as they don’t require freezing or thawing. You can serve it as is!
As dogs are naturally designed to eat prey that are rich in protein, this dinner patty will exceedingly satisfy your dog’s taste buds and tummy. Feeding your buddy with this best dog food for less poop may put a stop on your pet’s discomfort.
- Main Ingredient: Chicken
- Age Range Description: All life stages
- Crude Protein:48% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 28% (minimum)
- Crude Fiber: 5% (maximum)
- It is made with hormone-free and antibiotic-free chickens.
- It is enhanced with 100% organic fruits and vegetables.
- It doesn’t contain gluten, grain or peas which is ideal for stomach-sensitive dogs.
- It is quite expensive for daily meals.
2. Instinct by Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient Diet — One Animal Protein and One Vegetable Diet
If you want to stay away for awhile from dog food that offers multiple protein sources or you just realized that the recipe you have contains cheap fillers, this limited-ingredient diet may be a great option for you.
As for some dogs, too much ingredients do more harm than good as not all the elements that are in your dog food is essential for your pooch’s nutritional needs. As this is a limited-ingredient diet, its focus is to provide a one animal protein and one vegetable recipe that is suitable for dogs with frequent tummy upset.
Instinct believes in a purposefully simple diet, especially for dogs with food sensitivities. They also take pride in putting real nutrition of raw in every kibble as every kibble is enhanced with crushed, freeze-dried raw.
Made with easily digestible protein and with guaranteed levels of omegas and natural antioxidants, this best dog food for less poop may end your buddy’s misery.
- Main ingredients: Lamb meal, peas
- Age Range Description: Adults
- Crude Protein: 24% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 21.5% (minimum)
- Crude Fiber: 3.5% (maximum)
- It is made with grass-fed lamb which is an easily digestible protein.
- It doesn’t contain dairy, eggs, corn, soy, artificial flavors or colors.
- Its kibble is enhanced with crushed, freeze-dried raw.
- Its kibble is too small for some large breed dogs.
3. The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Dehydrated Dog Food— Best Dehydrated Dog Food
The great thing about this best dog food for less poop is that you can serve it as a complete balanced meal or as a topper for your dog’s favorite meal.
Made with chicken, oats and carrots, this recipe is ideal for your pet buddy who has a sensitive stomach as these ingredients are highly digestible. Its whole grain is also a good source of fiber which is essential for your dog’s digestive health. As fiber soaks up water and solidifies stool, a fair amount of fiber is recommended to be included in your sweetie’s daily meal.
What makes this recipe one of the best choices is that it’s dehydrated. This means that it efficiently locks in the nutrients that are essential for your pet’s overall health.
Further, The Honest Kitchen takes pride in its human-grade label meaning their recipe is edible for humans. They also conduct taste tests to ensure good quality ingredients.
For feeding instructions, do just like what the label says, just add water and love.
- Main ingredients: Dehydrated chicken, organic barley
- Age Range Description: All life stages
- Crude Protein: 24.5% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 14% (minimum)
- Crude Fiber: 4% (maximum)
- Its ingredients are gently dehydrated for easy digestion and nutrient absorption.
- It contains organic ingredients.
- It doesn’t contain by-products, fillers, GMO ingredients or preservatives.
- It contains eggs that may be an allergen for some dogs.
Sometimes, keeping the recipe simple is what your senior dog who has tummy upsets needs. This grain-free limited ingredient diet uses 9 simple ingredients: chicken, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, peas, chicken fat, chicken meal, turkey meal, potatoes and suncured alfalfa.
What’s even more amazing is that every kibble is enhanced with probiotic mix which is necessary to support digestive health. Antioxidants are also present to help your aging buddy have a strong immune response. And to help your darling mature gracefully, omega 6 and 3 fatty acids are added to maintain beautiful skin and fur.
One more good thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t rely on artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Just what the recipe name says, Canidae PURE indeed provides a pure diet for your senior pal.
If your senior bud is having a hard time chomping dry kibble, it is recommended that you moisten this dry dog food with water to make chewing easier.
- Main ingredients: Real chicken, sweet potato, garbanzo beans
- Age Range Description: Seniors
- Crude Protein: 28% (minimum)
- Crude Fat: 10% (minimum)
- Crude Fiber: 5% (maximum)
- It is made with just 9 key ingredients which is ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- It is enhanced with vitamins, minerals and probiotic mix.
- It contains sweet potatoes, a good source of fiber, which helps with gentle digestion.
- It's more expensive than other similar products.
After reading our reviews of best dog food for less poop, let’s have a quick walk through on the things you must look for which is best for your pal.
Be also wary of the specific symptoms because your dog’s inconsistent pooping activity is typically caused by certain ingredients in the dog food recipes. Different dogs have different needs.
As carbohydrates provide energy and serve as building blocks of nutrients for your dog, it is important to make sure that the carbs you are feeding him is easily digestible.
Fiber is vital for your dog’s overall digestive health. Fruits and vegetables are good fiber sources and provide natural prebiotics.
The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) seal on the dog food package assures you that everything you need to know about is written on the product label. AAFCO has label requirements for pet foods and requires certain items to be included on these product labels.
These are: Brand and Product Name, Name of Species for which the pet food is intended, Quantity Statement, Guaranteed Analysis, Ingredient Statement, Nutritional Adequacy Statement, Feeding Directions and Name and Address of manufacturer or distributor.
What comes out is just as important as what comes in. That’s why monitoring the amount of waste your dog produces is necessary so you can see the kind of diet that agrees and disagrees with his tummy.
With our top pick Stella and Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food, this kind of high-quality recipe may be what your dog is silently asking for.